I’m participating in MakeoverMonday project (not as regularly as I wish) and I often feel the need to modify/improve vizz which I created in particular week.
When is this feeling strongest?
- when I’m talking with people about my work and gathering their feedback
- every Friday when I’m reading the article summarizing the key learnings and interesting vizzies of the week on MM Blog.
- very often when I see amazing and inspiring visualisations made by other participants
Many times I don’t do it, but with vizz for 17th week I finally did it.
The topic for 17th week was interesting for me because it was about Skill in demand and data sets were from LinkedIn’s annual Top Skills reports from 2014, 2015, and 2016.
I was inspired by the original vizz.
But I wanted to show which skills appeared on top position the most times and also their position during years in all countries in one dashboard. First I expressed my intention by this vizz:
At first I was quite contented, but as came feedback from my colleagues, when I saw other vizzies and especially when I read article by
- the way I have used the colours doesn’t help to understand the story
- highlighting only one insight could work better
- I forgot to align the columns properly when data for some year were missing
- the note should be on more visible place
So here is my second try:
Thank you Eva and Andy for leading this project and whole community for sharing inspiration, techniques and feedback. It is great space for learning.